It is amazing how much one can smell after three days of not showering and of wearing the same clothes.

We got possession of our house on Thursday. The keys were picked up at about 1pm and we go to work moving in right away (we were so excited to get away from our super trashy and ultra whorey upstairs neighbour that we were not waiting until the weekend).

The weather, as most people know, has been unseasonably cold this winter. One of the side effects of said cold is freezing, including, of course, water pipes that were not kept heated while the house was empty (old owners moved out last week).

Of course, checking the water before our pre-moving in inspection never crossed my mind. Nor did it seem to cross the mind of our real estate agent or anyone else in order to mention it to me. So we have moved into a home that had frozen water pipes and today we have found several places where they had busted.

So, no water means no showering. Or cleaning or really anything at all that involves being sanitary.

Thankfully we didn't find someone to move in our old apartment (we had some lookers, but all were put off when they found out who the upstairs neighbours were *sigh*) so we are able to go back and forth and shower there - my turn is coming as soon as Boy gets back, yay! I can hardly wait - and fill up some water containers.

To add to the wall that now needs to be taken down in my laundry room (the electrical wiring, plumbing, etc, is all run through together in a very unsafe-ish way) everything is just a mess. You would expect as much when you are moving but we didn't organize things as well as I thought that we would and we also have two bedrooms that are being painted (we were only planning on one). Boy and I don't have a bed, we only have a mattress, so we are sleeping on a bare mattress on the floor (we don't have sheets either, because our new mattress is a different size than our old one). I can't find any cutlery to eat with and I'm scared we'll set the house on fire with all the heaters we have to use to help dry the wall out in the laundry room but I am so glad that we are here and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

We're home.