We are now officially moved out of our apartment!

Holy freaking god am I ever pleased. I didn't even like going back as much as we had to just to get our possessions even. If I could just buy everything new, I think that I would have. As it stands I have a lot of new things to purchase in the coming year, so that will be fun. All except, of course, the actual spending of the money part that the purchases will require. We're actually going to do the whole spend our own money thing and not use debt to purchase stuff, so I can imagine that it will be a bit slow going for awhile.

I was also hoping that this year would bring some needed home improvements. Well, my goal was to put some off for awhile (like a new kitchen) but the necessary things (like a new roof) cannot wait and it is extra handy that it will all likely fit in the guidelines to give me a tax break next year. The key here will to "find" the money to spend in the first place. Granted our closing costs for the house were a lot less than we had budgeted for, but the rest of the money budgeted seems to have disappeared.